Special Projects consists of multi-skilled engineers who are able to undertake electrical, mechanical and building repair requirements, all co-ordinated by a dedicated office based support network.
Whilst the department is also structured to deliver specialist capital projects with a value of up to £250k, the bulk of the work by Special Projects involves planned and reactive maintenance programmes which are tailored for clients such as Local Authorities, commercial businesses, health centres, schools, and main contractors.
Specific capabilities include:
- Electrical installation and remedial works
- Electrical testing and inspection
- PAT testing
- Emergency light testing
- Temporary site services
- Fire alarm servicing
- Fire extinguisher servicing
- Air conditioning servicing
- Boiler installation and servicing
- Plumbing and gas works
- Water inspection and treatment
- Minor building works